Looking for something a bit special? Todoroki Gorge is a hidden treasure of Tokyo.
Join us for a relaxing autumn walk along the gorge, then along the Tama River. We’ll finish in Futako-Tamagawa, on the Tokyo Den-en-toshi line.
Todoroki Gorge is almost the last natural place in Tokyo. It’s a cool, shady gorge known as “Tokyo’s Secret Escape”. You can really feel you’ve gone back in time when you explore it.
- Packed lunch (obento), snacks and drinks
- Plastic picnic sheet
- Mask and alcohol gel/wipes
- Flat, comfortable shoes (We’ll walk a lot!)
- ¥500 fee per family
We’ll start near Todoroki station (Oimachi line) and end in Futako-Tamagawa (Den-en-toshi line).
- Meet in Todoroki, near the station at 10:45.
- Walk along the prehistoric gorge.
- Picnic lunch with a breathtaking view.
- Walk to a park with a historical burial mound.
- Play and relax in the park together.
- Walk to the stunning Tama River.
- Play in Futako-tamagawa.
You can bring a pushchair (stroller) but there are some steps so a baby carrier may be easier if you’re bringing a very young child.
Date: Sunday 8th November
Time: 10:45 – 15:00
Place: Todoroki on Tokyu Oimachi line
Fee: ¥500 per family
Please meet at 10:45 outside the Todoroki Seijo Ishii Supermarket. It’s 1 minute from Todoroki station on the Tokyu Oimachi line.
Please arrive early if you need to buy lunch. There are food shops near the station, and Seijo Ishii sells obentos, drinks and snacks.
This event is now full.